Tuesday, July 24, 2012

All In A Little Over A Week

A lot has happened this last week. I think that the first thing was that Jeff put in the wood floors. He did an amazing job putting them in.
(This picture was taken on Tuesday)
This is the office floor. The wood floors we got when we were redoing our living room, we got 800 square feet of 4" rustic oak wood (rustic means there are knots in the wood) from Siwek lumber yard in Jordan, MN. We have now put the floors in the living room, dining room and office and we still have more wood in the garage.
Since the wood floors are "rustic" once they are in we needed to fill all of the knot holes with putty before the floors were sanded. 
(This picture was taken Wednesday)
Jeff is standing in the living room taking a picture of the dining room and office floors right after he finished sanding them. While Jeff sanded, stained and polyurethaned  the floors the kids and I went to my friends cabin, its a good thing we went because there was so much dust from sanding the floors and Jeff said the whole house smelled like stain.
It was nice to have a few days with my friend Amanda and her little girl. Check out her blog almostevelyn. We had a good time talking about life and life since we had kids and became parents.
 Natalie really liked watching the boats go by, she would wave and yell "HI BOATS".
All to soon it was time to go back home. This is what we came home to on Friday after lunch.
(This picture was taken Friday)
Isn't it beautiful? It was also the only clean part of the house so I set to work right away dusting and sweeping everything, everything had a nice thick layer of dust from when Jeff sanded the floors. Not my first choice of how to spent a Friday night, but it was needed. We also put the last 2 coats of polly on the floors Friday night.
Saturday I painted baseboard while Jeff watched the kids.
 I wanted to go with an older style baseboard to keep in style with our 1913 house, and I'm painting all of the trim with linen white paint from Home Depot. The hard part was painting all of the corner pieces, sorry I dont have any pictures of them because I was COVERED in paint.
Sunday Jeff started putting in the baseboard.
Its coming together nicely!
I just am in awe at how fast these two rooms are coming together. 
Sunday night I painted the door for the room. Its a new door but is the same style of door that is original to the house.
Now that the baseboard is in its time to work on the window and door trim. Jeff buys 1"X 6" or 1"X 4"s and then cuts them to size and uses the router to do the edges. It is really beautiful if you ask me.
Last night (Monday) Jeff got the first set of windows done.
Now I need to putty the holes give it a light sanding and then paint.
I think Jeff does amazing work!
So if you were wondering where I have been the last week you now know.




2 comments: