Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Non-Farm Farm!

Even though I live in town I'm still starting a small farm.
Today I got 6 hens from Jeff's uncle, they will not be living at my house because we cant have any farm animals in town.
My 6 hens are living with Jeff's parents 10 hens.
They are  Silver Laced Wyandotte hens. They wont start laying eggs till they are around 6 months old.
They are loving being able to roam outside! I am having a good time watching them, they are great entertainment. Jeff's mom and I will take turns feeding the hens and collecting eggs every other day.

and then over at my friend Melanie's farm I have a really cute goat named Tiberius, Ty for short. He lives with lots of other goats and is such a happy baby goat.
Isn't he cute!
I still have to talk to Melanie about how I can work off his food and shelter until I move to a farm of my own. 
I also have quite the garden in my yard.



I have strawberries, zucchini, summer squash, horseradish, broccoli, onions and carrots in this picture
onions, carrots and potatoes in this picture
and sweet corn. In Jeff's parents garden I have my tomato plants and I still haven't planted my green beans yet but I plan on planting them soon.

Also by the end of the summer or early fall Jeff and I will be getting 2 steers that will be raised for meat, we will keep them at Jeff's parents.

1 comment: