Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Milk Crate

When I was putting Charlie down for a nap on Saturday I had this idea to make a milk crate for my friend that is milking her goats. 
So me being impatient got started right away!
I got wood from my shed(100 year old wood from our house remodel that I saved), a mason jar(so I would make it big enough for it to fit), a tape measure (Jeff's), a ruler, a square, a basic template (the wood tool box in the picture) and a pencil. 
I got started right away!  I measured all of the wood and then Jeff and I went out to cut it. I cut about 1/2 and Jeff cut the rest.
After the wood was cut I set it up so I could see how it looked before I nailed anything together.
Looks good to me! So I got started nailing it together.
Its all put together by Saturday night, but I'm way to tired to paint so I save that for Sunday.
I use paint that I had in my house to keep it a free project.
I also wanted to be bright and fun! So I was thinking green, but the one green paint I didn't have enough of and the other green paint was rock hard so green was a no go. Orange it is! 
I got 2 coats of paint on there. Then I wanted to paint some words on there, so I used the green paint.
What do you think of the finished project?

So my original idea was to have 4 spots 3 for mason jars full of milk and one for extra stuff. Now that its made I think that it might be really heavy for all that so It could be used for storage, decoration, plants or to keep stuff for her girls to play with in the milk house.

This is my 1st time making one of these but I'm thinking i want to make more and sell them.


No comments:

Post a Comment