Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Melanie's Farm!

My friend Melanie and her family live on a 200 acre farm. That is one of Natalie's favorite places to go visit. 
Who can blame her! From playing with Melanie's girls to playing with all of the animals it's so much fun! I really like Mel's tea mixtures she always has ready to drink (so yummy) and she just about always has some yummy baked goods in the house. Her cookies are fantastic!
Melanie and one of the cute baby bunnies.
If anyone is looking to get a bunny Melanie's girls have some they might sell to you. I think they have 7 bunnies from 2 different rabbits.

 Natalie loves the goats and baby goats as she calls them. She talks about Melanie's girls and the baby goats just about every day! Melanie is going to try her hand at making goat milk soap this year. I'm excited to see it, hear about it or help out when she does that. 
Every time I go to the farm to visit the girls there is always something fun going on. One time the vet came, another time it was down pouring, another time there were baby goats just born.

 Natalie is looking out of the barn next to a mama goat. She likes to pet the goats and say "soft" while she is petting them.
If you can't tell I have 4 goat kids nibbling on me and I am in love with it all.
Goats and rabbits are not the only animals on the farm! There are steers(boy beef cows and I say boy because they do not have parts to make babies), goats, rabbits, 2 ponies, chickens, ducks, cats and dogs!
 Boy do the girls love their ponies, Sparkles and Brownie are their names! They really like to ride them when ever they can.

We cant forget about the ducks! They are one of the newest members of the farm, and will be used for their eggs, and from what I here duck eggs are fantastic.
And there are chickens EVERYWHERE!!!
To give you an ides of how awesome the eggs are here is a picture of one of Melanie's eggs and a free range egg from the store.
If you couldn't guess the darker yolk is from Melanie's farm.
Willy, one of the dogs, is such a handsome farm dog! He is a Great Pyrenees a breed I hope to own some day.
Melanie is also a painter so when she isn't taking care of her family or working on the farm she is working on her beautiful art!
Check out her web site http://schumacherart.com/

I could keep going on and on about how much I love this family and their farm but this is all for today. Maybe I will do another blog on them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment