Saturday, June 9, 2012

Gardens

As some of you may know I love to garden.
That being said I thought I would share the gardens I have made since I moved in to my house.
This is my front walk way that I made mostly for free. I bought the Salvia but the rest of the plants were split from my mother-in law or from my grandparents. I have 2 kinds of Host and 3 different colored Day Lillies. The path its self was also free I used gray pavers that were there but buried under grass and then I got the red pavers from my grandparents (they had them stacked on the side of the house).  You can't see because the plants are so big but the path has rocks edging the plants, those I got from Jeff's aunt and uncle and they were also free. All of the wood chips in my garden I can get free from the city of Mayer or Jeff's parents get free wood chips from their neighbor who is a tree guy.
 Along the wooden fence I have many different colored Day Lillies (all from my grandparents). Along the chain link fence I have a few kinds of Hosta from my mother in-law and then I also have a row of Hydrangea that I moved there from the other side of the house. The tree trunk you see is a maple tree that I did not plant but I love. 
This garden is a work in progress I have Hosta from my mom and my mother in-law, Irises from my mom and neighbor and Vinca that I bought. I will be adding more plants to the garden this summer!
The bench I got from my mom, the watering can was for Mothers Day when I was Pregnant with Natalie and the rocks are from Jeff's aunt and uncle's field. So another almost free garden!
This is my newest garden! It doesn't even have mulch yet. Its on the south side of my garden shed. The trellis I got at target a few years ago at Target and you can't really see them but there are small Morning Glories that I bought planted by the trellis. So I hope that they will grow up the trellis. I have some I think Tiger Lillies that I got from my good friend, Salvia that I got from my mom and some plants I bought but I don't know what kind they are. The rocks around this garden are from Jeff's grandparents lake. I'm not sure what else I'm going to plant in this garden but its a summer project. 
This is my vegetable garden. I have sweet corn, potatoes, carrots, lettuce, onions, broccoli, horseradish, summer squash, zucchini and strawberries. I have  few tomato plants at Jeff's parents and I'm going to plant green beans this week. as you can see I have only mulched 1/2 of the garden so far.

I am blessed to be able to have done so much of my landscaping for free. 
I will do another blog later this summer showing how everything has grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment