Thursday, October 18, 2012

Morning Farm Chores

So I start off my day by changing diapers, getting kids dressed and then feeding them. Then I let the dogs outside and feed them and make sure they have plenty of water. Once we are all fed and dressed we all load up into the truck and go over to my in-laws house to take care of the animals. Today I took pictures so I hope you enjoy them.
The cows coming into the barn for some hay!
Indy and Cheerio eating some breakfast!
Two hens laying eggs in the hay bales!
Tiny the rooster checking out what I'm doing!

One of the hens checking out the combine!
Some of the "baby"chicks eating out of the hens food dish!
Some more of the "baby" chicks eating their food in the coop!
Natalie by the coop with her stick!
Tiny the rooster and some of his hens scratching in the leaves!
Rayne the dog chewing on a bone with Natalie in the background chasing a hen!
Some of the "baby" chicks checking out my truck!
So this is what we do when we come do morning chores.
First we let the chickens out of the coop so they can roam, then we feed them and make sure they have plenty of water, after they are fed and watered we check to see if there are any eggs in the nest boxes or in the hay bales in the barn. That's what we do for the chickens.
Then we goto the barn and make sure the cows have water and hay and if they don't we give them hay and fill their water. once the cows are taken care of we feed the cats and play with them a little. Thats morning chores! I hope you enjoyed our morning ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment