Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kral Family Trip to Madeline Island

July 28th- August 2nd the kids and I were at Madeline Island with my family.
We stayed at this really nice house on Lake Superior. Almost everyone was there we were just missing a few key people, John, Leslie, Ashley and Jeff.
(Natalie on the ferry ride to the island)
She loved being on the ferry and was talking about it for days after. The house that we stayed at was right on the lake and had amazing views.
The kids really liked playing on the beach.
Their cousins liked playing in the water, even though the water was freezing cold.
 Charlie really, really liked being on the porch! Any time the doors were open from the house to the porch he would crawl over and go out on the porch.
Natalie, Charlie and I went on a walk one day and we saw and 8 point buck run across the road. Later that day My dad some of the girls and I went on a bike ride then we brought the girls back when they were tiered and we went back out on a 14 mile long bike ride. While we were gone my mom was watching my kids, my niece Zoe put Charlie to sleep so my mom and Natalie went outside to play and while they were playing a black bear came walking down the driveway!!! So My mom grabbed Natalie and ran inside as fast as she could.
We also had a birthday dinner for Natalie and I made homemade macaroni and cheese, fruit salad, brats and hot dogs.
I also made an Ice cream cake for her with home made almond macaroons, chocolate ice cream, I made my grandmas fudge sauce, and my mom and I made coffee ice cream because they didn't have it in the store and she brought her ice cream maker, and then there is a layer of crushed heath bars on top.
So yummy!
Natalie got some fun blocks for her birthday and was playing with some of her cousins on our last night there.
Then we came home just in time for Jeff to spend Natalie's real birthday with her.
All in all it was a nice trip and we had a nice time with my side of the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment