Sunday, December 18, 2011

Love Cocoon

This is the 1st baby cocoon I have made but I love it so much I think I'm going to need to make more.
 I found the pattern on Ravelry its a knitting and crochet site and you can find just about any pattern you want on there.
I am using Natalie's bitty baby for the pictures since my little guy isn't born yet.



This will look better on a real baby because real babies don't have hard plastic arms and legs.
The yarn I used is Malabrigo worsted yarn (its wool from a Marino sheep very soft and warm. If you didn't know wool is also fire retardant so very safe for babies. On the down side this yarn is hand wash only and so is most wool), color Marron Oscuro
and I used size 13 needles and knit in the round.
This pattern is for new born babies.
I started by casting on 40 stitches and knitting in the round till I had it 14'' long
and for the decrease sequence
R1: *K8, K2tog, repeat around from* (36 stitches remain)
R2: K all stitches
R3: *K7, K2tog, repeat around from* (32 stitches remain)
R4: K all stitches
R5: *K6, K2tog, repeat around from* (28 stitches remain)
R6: *K5, K2tog, repeat around from* (24 stitches remain)
R7: *K4, K2tog, repeat around from* (20 stitches remain)
R8: *K3, K2tog, repeat around from* (16 stitches remain)
R9: *K2, K2tog, repeat around from* (12 stitches remain)
R10: K all stitches
R11: K2tog around (6 stitches remain)
R12: cut 6” tail to weave through eight remaining stitches.




the link to the official pattern for the laurel love cocoon  
The link has a picture of a real baby in the cocoon. Its just so very cute! 
Not to mention a very fast easy project.
If you are having a baby or know someone who is having a baby you should make this or have someone like me make it for a small fee. 
If you have any Questions about the project or want me to teach you to knit just ask. I love to help with knitting and also teaching how to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment